Sunday 8 July 2012

CHANGES. CHANGES. CHANGES. IT MADE ME STRONGER.

Okay. Changes, changes, changes. It can mean 2 different actions. It can be for good or for bad. A person changes without no reason. Everything happens for a reason right? So in  my case, I think I really changed A LOT. So here my story goes.

Way back then in High School. I was never an active student. Well yes I am active academically. But when it comes to joining a singing contest? IT'S A NO NO. Ha-ha! I am not that confident with my voice then, I didn't know I had this talent so I just sing for fun and like that.
I don't put much attention to my appearance before. I was like a typical high school student who loves challenges and more challenges. I never settle for less. I always wanted to experience the things I wanted but the problem with me is that I never trust myself that I can do it.

When I first entered college, I told myself I will change and accept challenges and face everything. I would do everything to make it to the best that I can do. And it all started when I joined my one and only cultural group LYCEUM CONCERT SINGERS. Actually I am really thankful that I joined this organization because with the help of the people behind it, I improved myself much better as the days passed by. I have developed my singing skills, I am not afraid to stand and sing in front of many people, communicate with different kinds of people, deal with challenges, face reality, have friends, learn new things and much more.
At first, all I ever think is that I'm going to sing with this group, attend rehearsals and that's it. But I was wrong. There are lots of things in this world that you cannot learn in school and you cannot learn by reading books. There are many different people to deal with and challenges to accept and problems to solve and many more to come.

Those who are with me from the very start and still with me now are the ones who really know who I was then and who I am now. My high school friends, all of them are these people who never fail to make me happy and they are the ones who made me this way. I believe in this saying, "Malalaman mo kung anong tunay nyang pagkatao pag nakasama mo ang mga tunay nyang kaibigan." And now in college I also found the friends that I can lean on and I am so happy I have them in my life.

And of course, my family who made it all possible and guided me through it all . They are my greatest inspiration. And God above all.

Now I am 19 years old and beginning to say goodbye to my teenage years, I would say YES I CHANGED FOR THE BETTER AND I WILL STILL CHANGE FOR THE BEST SOON.


No comments:

Post a Comment